Location: Corner of Meserole St, Scholes St. & Bushwick Ave. Brooklyn
Description: The original brewery at this location was opened in 1869 by Charles Gluck & Herman Scharmann who remained brewing in this building until 1873 when they moved to a new facility. After this the location was taken over by brewer Henry Urban who in 1879 was joined by partner Warren Abbott calling the operation Urban & Abbott Brewery. In the early 1880’s Abbott took complete control of the brewery and renamed it Warren G. Abbott Brewery and then simply W. G. Abbott Brewery. In 1893 Katz joined Abbott as a partner and the brewery was re-named yet again as The Abbott-Katz Brewery. Just a few years later in 1896 the brewery was re-named The Eastern Brewing Company. This brewery would remain in business at the location until 1914.