William H. Frank Brewing Co

Business Type: Brewery (NY 448 e)

Years of Operation: 1892 to 1898

Location: 912 Cypress Ave. Ridgewood, Queens

Description: The location which would eventually become The W. H. Frank Brewery was opened in 1865 by brewer Jacob Marquardt. The brewery remained in the Marquardt family until 1888 when it was taken over by Gustav Feigenspan and renamed “Feigenspan Brewing Company”. Not long after in 1892 William Frank took over the location and renamed it “William H. Frank Brewing Company” and ultimately decided to shorten the name in 1898 to “The Frank Brewery”. (also see: “The Frank Brewery”)

This bottle from the William H. Frank Brewery dates from 1892 to 1898. Later bottles from “The Frank Brewery” look nearly identical but do not contain the “W. M. H.” initials.