Gluck & Scharmann
Business Type: Brewery (NY 92 a)
Years of Operation: 1873 to 1882
Location: 172 Bushwick Avenue, Brooklyn
Description: Partners Charles Gluck & Herman B. Scharmann started this brewery on Bushwick Avenue in 1873. It would appear by the style of bottle used that weiss beer was produced as the main if not only brew. In 1882 the business closed but Scharmann continued brewing at a new location (355-375 Pulaski Street) under a new name “H. B. Scharmann”. After this brewery closed the site was taken over by Abbott Katz Brewing Co. for a very short period followed by The Eastern Brewing Co.