Golden Horn Brewing Co.
Business Type: Brewery (NY 114 d)
Years of Operation: 1903 to 1906
Location: 3rd Ave & 96th St, Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn
Description: Founder George Apfel originally named the brewery after himself in 1897 but upon adding partner Klueg the name was changed again. By 1903 Apfel & Klueg made a final name change to “Golden Horn Brewing Co.” and operated until the brewery was sold to Conrad Eurich in 1906 and became “Fort Hamilton Brewing Co” (this was a second location for Eurich). When writing about this location in “Breweries of Brooklyn”, Will Anderson makes remarks about the unusual location stating “All other pre-Prohibition Brooklyn breweries were located fairly near Manhattan, generally in Bushwick, Williamsburgh or old Brooklyn. Golden Horn however was located in southern Bay Ridge, very close to Fort Hamilton and todays Verrazano-Narrows Bridge”.